Wednesday 19 September 2012

Blessed

Proverbs 31:28
Her children arise and call her blessed;
  her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many women do noble things,
  but you surpass them all.”


I just wanted to share today how blessed we are. When did you last sit and enjoy the blessing that God has given you through your children?

Today, I tried to just revel in it. To soak it in and fill me with joy, all the wonderful things God has given me. I focused on not having that joy taken from me for the little frustrating things that little A does, being that she is nearing two and loves the word "no". We can get so distracted by life that we forget that we are so blessed. The everyday chores and duties of a wife and mother can be so overwhelming and never-ending that we can get caught up in them and forget that we could be spending our time showering love on the littles that God loves so much. 

How deeply He cares for me and for my little ones. What a wonderful God I serve. 



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. 
Psalm 139:13


 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”  And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.
Mark 10:13-16

God has blessed parents with such an amazing gift.  He has trusted us with little ones that he cares so so deeply about.  Jesus also said in Matthew 18:10:

 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. "
Matthew 18:10


Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward for him. 
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior 
are children born in one's youth. 
Psalm 127:3-4

Try to focus on that blessing, on how much God truly cares for you, your husband, and your littles. 

My prayer for you is that in reading this you will be reminded of the love of the Father for you and yours. That you will be filled anew with overflowing, never-ending God given love for those around you, be it family, friend or neighbour (in any sense of the word). Blessings upon you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment