Thursday 11 October 2012

Fear of the Snow

When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet. 
Proverbs 31:21

The other day was the first day we saw snow. I have been hoping that it would hold off for a while, but the other day was cold, windy, and had scattered snow throughout the morning.

I love that I live in a place where there are four seasons, but honestly I have to admit that the harsh cold of winters where we live, is not enjoyable.

I married a man that loves the winter. He loves to start up the snowmobile and ride around for hours in the freezing cold. I do not mind a good, short ride, when the snow is almost melting and there isn't a windchill of minus 30 degrees.  Mr T could care less what the temperature is, if there is snowdrifts calling his name he could be out for hours.

When I was a kid, my family lived for about a year in Whitehorse, Yukon. It was a million times colder there than here, and yet we still managed to play outside. That is the wonderful thing about children, they just dont seem to be too phased by the cold. Even when it is freezing they want to be outside exploring and playing.

So I thought, in spirit of the proverbs 31 woman, and her lack of fear for the snow, I will try to embrace it. And what better way to embrace the snow than to make sure my family will be warm when we go out to play in it.

Sadly because of packing up the house to move, I currently do not have my sewing machine or serger handy, but I will be posting some of my projects once we are in and settled.

For now you can head to the Pinterest "Winter Wear" page, it is full of great tutorials I have pulled together. Just follow the link.

May God bless your winter and keep you and yours warm and cozy.

http://pinterest.com/pursuitproverbs/winter-wear/

No comments:

Post a Comment