Tuesday 20 November 2012

A few Tips - Purposeful Love

I had a great encouragement from an old friend the other day. I have not been in contact with her for a long time but she sent me a message telling me that she has been reading the blog and has been able to relate on some issues I have talked about. She gave me a great example of how she has been trying to show her husband love, deliberately. I thought that I would share her great advice and see if any of you have been trying to show your hubby love by doing something specific.  


"One thing that I have been working on is to make sure I give my husband a happy greeting and kiss at the door when he comes home. Because the last thing he wants to come home to is a home where he is not being acknowledged or shown love and excitement to see him. Its hard, and sometimes I don't even think about it.. but I definitely do see his face brighten up when he feels valued."


Asking around I have learned of a few ways some friends and family show their spouse love in a purposeful way (ie something they have to actually think about doing, that doesn't come naturally to them). 

~I try to touch him unexpectedly, not sexual, just a touch as I go by. Sometimes I just give him a hug and kiss and walk away. He is normally bewildered and I just smile back to him as I walk away. It has been a learning step for me, to take the time when I am busy, walk away from what I am doing and find him just to show him love or tell him I love him then go back to what I was doing.


~I suppose the one thing I am purposeful with is support. I want to show my husband support in all his interests, talents, goals, dreams etc. That ends up being a little double sided in that when I show him support for his interests, I get quality time out of it. I also do little things that don't take much effort like asking about his day, making supper, doing laundry, greeting him when he gets home, and telling him I love him at random times throughout the day, to show that I care.


Check out the Pinterest Page for more great ideas and tips found for Loving Your Spouse. 


No comments:

Post a Comment