Saturday 17 November 2012

Attacks

I woke up around three o'clock in the morning this morning after having a horrible dream.
It was totally an attack of the enemy against my family and was trying to steal my joy and peace.

Praise God for being the God of Peace and giving us authority over our households and over every attack of the enemy. And thank God we have him with us, in us. 


how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

Acts 10:38

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

1 Corinthians 4:20

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
James 4:7



I woke my husband up to pray with me in his role of authority.
He was very slow to begin and was breathing rather heavily.

He started to pray speaking in terms of instruments.(He teaches instrumentation Engineering)  He was half asleep while he prayed and it seemed he was talking about work.


Funny thing was, it totally made sense to me as a prayer. Even while half asleep his words made sense and spoke to God clearly, God knows our hearts.  It was only after he was done praying that I pointed it out to him and he woke up fully and prayed again.



We studied prayer last week in our moms group at my church. The pastor spoke about the importance of praying for our kids. He pointed out that there will be times that our children turn away or make poor choices and in those circumstances all we can do for them is pray. He spoke about how one of the best things we can do for our children is pray against the plans and attacks of the enemy. To pray against his lies and his deceits for our children. 

I have been praying that over my children this week, that God would cut off the lies of the enemy and that my children would walk in Gods victory and that they would fully understand Gods truths about them. 

Since then I have been feeling this attack.  The enemy does not like having opposition. It is so much easier when we just sit back and ignore what is happening.  Let us not be complacent and submissive.  We have God given authority to stand firm against the enemies attacks on us and our children. 

We need to walk in Gods authority. Not ask the devil to leave, tell him to go.  God gave his disciples the authority to drive out demons, heal and to proclaim the kingdom of God. 


When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases,  and he sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.
Luke 9:1-2


When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help.  “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”
 Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?”
 The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.  For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him,“Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.  I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.
Matthew 8:5-13  (emphasis added)


No comments:

Post a Comment