Thursday 27 June 2013

Summer Craziness

Hello Everybody.

First of all I have to say I am so sorry for sucking so much lately at keeping up with the writing.  Things have been beyond busy in our lives as of late and I think I am just going to have to face it, I probably wont have many opportunities to write and share my heart with all of you for a while. 



Our summer is looking like it will be pretty busy.  We are going to stay with Hubbies Parents for a few weeks to help them build a shop at their new property. Then we will be back home for a bit then out to the lake for a camp we are involved with. Then Hubby needs to be in school taking some classes for about 3 weeks. Then Hubby and I are leaving the kids with my folks and taking a Babymoon in the Bahamas. Then he is back to work.




Thats right!  Did you catch that?

I said Babymoon.    WE ARE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!!!!


I am still pretty early on so your prayers are appreciated.  We are due sometime in early February and we are beyond excited.  

Little A has been praying for months for this to happen. When we told her the news she nearly screamed with joy. She immediately asked to see it and lifted my shirt to stare at my belly. She was sorely disappointed because my belly was so small (thankfully).  "Mom, did the baby already come out?" she asked with a bewildered look on her face.  

Now she goes around telling strangers and will come and ask me or her daddy if she can tell people her special secret.   We had planned on not sharing our news for a while, but with Little A being so excited we had to let the cat out of the bag.   ( It also doesnt help that I am constantly chugging water and trying to have a million little meals to ward off the constant nausea that I am feeling)  

Anyway, this summer is going to be beyond crazy and I sincerely appologize ahead of time for being so scattered and infrequent with my blogging.  (Not that any of you will be any less busy I am sure)

This summer we have decided to use every minute. Last summer we barely spent any time as a family and we are dead set against wasting our time by not being together.  We recognize the importance of family and are setting up some goals and boundaries on our time and how we spend it. 


One of the wonderful things that we are trying to do this summer is to take our kids to every park in the city.  
So far we have played or picnic'd at about 12 of them, there are a lot left to visit. 

We also made a list of all of the things that we want to do together as a family this summer.  We are really good at making lists for the house work that has to be done or all the projects that we have on the go, but we very rarely set out a list of all of the family things that we want to do. 

I am in the process of making a big poster board sign covered in our list of summer fun so that Little A and the E man can put big sun stickers on the things that we have done.   I am also making a giant map of the parks in the city so that we can put stickers on the parks we played at.  That way they get to be involved and can remind us to do all of our fun ideas.  ( I will post a pic once they are finally finished and on the wall) 

Some of our ideas so far are as follows:

Swim at the outdoor pool
Plant flowers
Swim at the Lake
Bike ride to the Ice Cream store
Have a Sunshine Party ( just a fun outdoor party really)
Go to the Family Reunion Picnic
Make a Sand Castle
Go to the Berry Barn and pick berries
Run through the sprinklers
Make Popsicles
Go on a water slide
Have a Family BBQ
Watch the Fireworks
Sleep in a tent (should be an interesting experience with little ones)
Pick Apples at Grandpa's
Walk by the River
Go to the Museum 
Go to the Zoo
Catch Minnows at the lake
Make Pinwheels
Fly the Kites
Paddleboat or Canoe


Anyway thats just a few of them.  


Any great ideas that are on your list for fun this summer, I'd love to hear them? 

1 comment:

  1. I would like to take the paddle boat on the river, I look at it whenever on the bridge and I would like to just do it.
    Little A made a sand castle on Sunday and went on a sailboat. Sailboat ride wasn't on the list. Looks like the fun summer activities have begun.

    ReplyDelete