Thursday 26 September 2013

Thank You


This week was/is Deaf Awareness Week!

I just wanted to send out a quick Thank You to all of the wonderful Deaf and Hard of Hearing people in my life.  

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

You have not only enriched my life by welcoming me and my family into your community, you have enriched three generations of our family and it will continue. 

Thank you for allowing me to use your language to make my kids more brilliant. Sign Language has been such a huge part of our kids lives and they are all the better for it.  Yours, is a beautiful language, Thank you for sharing it with us.  

Thank you!  For being forgiving when we mess up and use the wrong signs. For trying so hard to understand us as we fumble and slowly go through a sentence. And for repeating yourself more than what should be necessary as we struggle to watch your hands move so fluidly and beautifully as you speak to us and others.  

I am so proud to know you and humbled to be welcomed into your community.  


This is a video made by the Deaf Professional Arts Network.  My kids love watching them and trying to sign along with them.   Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment