Friday 31 January 2014

Almost There

Well, I still am waiting on this little girl to make her grand entrance, but our lives seem to be at their busiest they have been for a longtime.  I apologize for the lack of blogging, but in this season of my life there is a very very small amount of energy left over when I hit the end of the day  noon. 

There have been a few small moments of peace and quiet in our home lately when I can gather my thoughts and converse with God, but they have been short and are ended abruptly when the fighting, crying, or screaming (from my kids) begins.   

The kids are both getting really excited to meet their little sister. Little A has been talking about the room they will someday share and how much fun they will have dressing up like princesses.  The E Man has been running up to me and telling me to "open it" as he pulls at my shirt. He waits til he sees my gigantic belly and then begins to hug and kiss it. But they are not ordinary kisses, it's like a machine gun of kisses. He bobs his head and kisses my belly at 100 kisses a minute, somehow managing to say "Mwah" with each kiss.  

Hubby cannot be more excited or more nervous about the baby coming. He hides it well but I know that he is feeling anxious about the idea of all that will come after her arrival.  Hubby's job allows him to receive full pay while on paternity leave, he will be home with the kids and I for about 17 weeks.  But not only does he get that time home, he will need to go back for a few weeks and then will have his normal summer vacation time of 8 weeks. I would be lying if I told you we planned it out that way, but it did work out wonderfully.  Except, my hubby, who enjoys working with his hands, staying very busy and not sitting idly at home, will be home for 25 weeks.  I think we are both a tad worried he will go crazy. He will be kept busy taking the kids on special dates we have set up, running Little A to dance classes, and a long list of projects I have been trying to compile. But please pray that he doesn't go nuts stuck inside....or that I don't go nuts having him around so much, I am used to him being busy and taking care of the kids in my own for most of the day. 

As for me, I am beyond excited to meet this little blessing and hold her in my arms instead of my belly. But I finally hit the point in my pregnancy where I am totally torn by my feelings.  On one hand, I want my body back to somewhat normal without a human being inside of it causing all sorts of pain in my legs, back and everywhere else. Because of our little miracle, I am not sleeping, only able to stomach small amounts of nourishment, have heartburn like my chest and throat will soon let away, oh and, did I mention, I waddle like a duck? 

 But on the other hand I don't want her going anywhere!  I remember what labor was like, and I really don't want to do that again. So I am a giant ball of emotions waiting to explode and my poor kids are, I am sure, just stuck wondering what's up with their crazy emotional mom.  

Anyway, that what's up with us lately, I will try to be back on here to share our exciting addition. But I can't promise that it won't take a while....as you can see my writing gets a little more, well, hard to follow when I am not sleeping. 

Blessings
A very large, but hopefully not for much longer, 
Anita 

As you do not know the path of the wind,
    or how the body is formed  in a mother’s womb,
so you cannot understand the work of God,
    the Maker of all things.
Ecclesiastes 11:5
This is not how I look this time around
...we haven't had a chance to get a nice picture yet. 


These were from when I was pregnant with Little A.











































Both photos were taken by the lovely Krystal, of Moore Photography and Design 

No comments:

Post a Comment